The Field service engineer is part of the team that is responsible for the installation and the hardware qualification of Solmates PLD equipment at customers worldwide.
The field service engineer is also part of the 3rd line support team whom are managing all issues encountered at customer sites. The field service engineer will travel to a customer site if the local team (or field process engineer) can not solve the issue / tool-down situation.
Good clear communication with customer is an essential part of the job as an ambassador of Solmates.
Main tasks / requirements for a Field service engineer:
- Responsible for Installation & HW qualification of the PLD equipment at the customer
- Can quickly solve or generate a containment for equipment related issues
- Enjoys travelling to customer sites for Installation projects (6-8 weeks on average) and solving issues as expert (typically 1 - 2 weeks on-site). In total +/- 70% travelling
- Is able to work under stress / time constrains project timelines and has the situation under control (helicopter view)
- Manages relation with the customer
- Generates written procedures of all critical activities
- Provides input for system improvements (stability & process control)
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Electrical, Physical or Mechanical engineering
- Experience with Semiconductor/deposition equipment
- Driver license
- Language: advanced level of English