It does not happen often that novel manufacturing technology gets adopted in Semicon industry. Solmates is about to do just that, and this is your opportunity to be part of this exciting adventure.
Solmates is well engaged with an excellent portfolio of blue-chip customer. Multiple device iterations confirm the unique upsides of Solmates-PLD thin film materials for a range of applications. Solmates is transitioning its customer base from Academics/RTO’s towards volume production. Hence Solmates is looking for a
Sales (Key Account) Manager
who can strengthen the commercial team with a track record in Semicon manufacturing. This key person secures deals with new production customers and manages these Accounts to optimize Solmates-PLD implementation, product qualification and production ramp-up.
Solmates is a vibrant scale-up company. We cherish a work-hard-play-hard culture with freedom to tune your own vitality. The Sales team consists of 6 people and multiple Sales agents in Asia and North America. Besides securing commercial revenues, this role asks your contribution to all organizational quality attributes required to become an established equipment supplier.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Determine commercial strategy for key customers, maximizing opportunities for Solmates-PLD compared over conventional competing thin film technologies.
- Translate customer needs into high quality commercial proposals, including (internal) risk assessment, complete technical order intake, costing, etc.
- Product Management, e.g. represent the voice of the customer in strengthening the proposition of Solmates’ product vs value added options, in conjunction with Development departments. Build cases to steer Solmates new application development.
- Strategic thinker, able to analyze market (mega) trends and identifying opportunities for PLD.
- Promoting Solmates products through a range of channels, such as e-marketing, trade shows, together with Solmates’ MarCom specialist.
- Liaise with Customer Service on installation preparations and Account issues.
- Manage regional Sales representation (‘agents’) in North America and Asian regions.
- Daily customer contact, international travel hopefully picking up soon again.
- Attitude! Fascination with Semicon and a self-propelling relentless drive to have completely new technology adopted in volume manufacturing.
- Experience in international commercial role. The ideal candidate has experience in Semicon manufacturing.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, both internal and external.
- Team player, fun vibes and positive contribution to the Solmates’ community.
- Technical education; Physics, Chemistry, Equipment Engineering, Nanotechnology.
This position reports into Bart Berenbak, Head of Marketing & Sales (CBD).