It does not happen often that novel manufacturing technology gets adopted in Semicon industry. Solmates is about to do just that, and this is your opportunity to be part of this exciting adventure.
Solmates is well engaged with an excellent portfolio of blue-chip customer. Multiple device iterations confirm the unique upsides of Solmates-PLD thin film materials for a range of applications. Solmates is transitioning its customer base from Academics/RTO’s towards volume production. Hence Solmates is looking for a Software engineer PLC
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be part of the software engineering team that is continuously improving the PLD deposition equipment. You play a crucial role in the overall realization of these goals in various development projects. You lead software improvements that will support Process Engineers to realize new features for the PLD process equipment. Together with the team you are responsible for creating the right level of documentation.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONBILITIES
- You will maintain the current code base and create new functionality.
- Be a troubleshooter for field issues.
- Act as an intermediary for software related issues between Process Engineering and Service, and provide input for system improvements.
- Design transparent and robust control mechanisms in the field of machine automation and mechatronics
- Since we use a large variety of programming languages, you have a broad understanding of controlling and programming and you have special interest in physics and logic in general;
- 10-20% of working timing travelling to customers worldwide for on-site software activities.
WHO ARE YOU
- You are able to test your own work and integrate your work onto running equipment
- You understand and complement existing architecture and design (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Beckhoff PLC’s
- You are able to read electrical drawings
- Knowledge of vacuum techniques
- Knowledge of CodeSys
- We develop and use novel technology. Out of the box ideas for real world technologic challenges
- We are in the middle of a deposition revolution! Our PLD technology is about to be adopted in the Semicon industry
- We support a healthy work life balance and personal development. You know how to use and charge your battery
- Our vision creates a great team spirit. Only together we can realize our ambition: PLD layers in every connected device in 2030!
- Non-hierarchal work environment. Every opinion is valued, group activities for the whole company